I thought I’d share a quick and delicious trifle recipe with y’all today – I whipped this up over the weekend for dinner with some friends and it was a big hit! Prior to making this, I’d perused Pinterest looking for something to make as a dessert and nothing quite jumped out at me – so I finally decided that I’d whip up something of my own creation, inspired by the dessert my Mom and I shared at Hunter’s Head Tavern on Thursday night!
What You Need
- 1 Sara Lee All Butter Pound Cake; cubed
- 2 10 ounce jars of Dickinson’s Lemon Curd
- 1 pound container strawberries, halved
- 1 small container raspberries
- 2 packages Jello Cheesecake pudding
- 1 small Cool Whip whipped topping
What You’ll Do
- Prepare the cheesecake pudding according to package directions and set aside (in the fridge to set up). Clean and cut the strawberries, clean off the raspberries and make sure both are dried off.
- Layer cubed pound cake, one jar of lemon curd, a mixture of strawberries and raspberries and half of cheesecake pudding. Repeat!
- Top the two layers of cake, curd, berries and cheesecake pudding with whipped topping and decorate with leftover berries. Refrigerate until time to serve.
This is best made the day you plan to serve – you don’t want the trifle to sit for hours on end because you run the risk of your berries beginning to go bad and no one wants that!
It can be assembled in whatever way you’d like – this is just the way I chose to assemble my trifle. And you can mix things up…maybe you’d prefer lime curd to lemon? Perhaps you’d rather do vanilla pudding as opposed to cheesecake! It’s really whatever inspires you!
Let me know if you decide to try your hand at this easy and delicious trifle – and let me know if you change it up a bit! Enjoy!