It’s been a little while since I posted a recipe and just this week I tried a recipe for Chicken Fajita Soup that I found on Pintrest – and it turned out delicious! Choosing to make a recipe that is found on Pintrest is always a little bit of an experiment in hoping for the best and holding your breath, right? I’m sure we’ve all made something that ended up being a Pintrest fail – this soup, was not!
Chicken Fajita Soup
What You Need
– 2 cans of white meat chicken; drained
– 1 teaspoon olive oil
– 2 bell peppers; seeded and chopped
– 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
– 4 garlic cloves, minced
– 2 15 ounce cans of black beans; drained
– 1 15 ounce can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
– 8 cups chicken broth
– 1 fajita seasoning packet
– salt; to taste
– pepper; to taste
– 1/2 cup brown rice (optional)
– 1 cup water (optional)
What to Do
1. In a large 6-8 quart pot over medium heat, add olive oil, bell peppers, onion and minced garlic. Saute the mixture for 3-5 minutes to soften.
2. Add in the chicken, black beans, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, fajita seasoning packet, salt, pepper, rice and water. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Allow to cool and serve with your favorite garnishes – perhaps some avocado, sour cream. shredded cheese or tortilla chips…or perhaps all of those things?
This soup is incredibly easy to throw together, has a delicious flavor and is filled with veggies and protein! What’s not to love? I ate my first bowl of soup just as it came out of the pot and topped my second bowl of soup with a little Mexican blend shredded cheese and some crumbled tortilla chips and it was delicious both ways!
This Pintrest recipe is a definite keeper!