My list – which I haven’t forgotten about – and also haven’t updated in a while! I thought I’d go back over my list and see if there were any other things I’d done in the past few months that I could put a check mark on my list…and what do you know, there were!
Without further ado – I’ve updated my list of forty things I’d like to do before I turn the big 4-0!
|Completed – December 25, 2015 through January 2, 2016|
5. Fly in an airplane piloted by my little sister
6. See at least 45 of the 50 states (I’ve already seen almost 40)
7. Finish reading A Song of Ice & Fire series (George R.R. Martin, you better start writing!)
8. Eat in a restaurant alone.
9. Go to a baseball game at Camden Yards.
|Completed – July 11th…ha-ha! And the Nationals won, 7-4!|
10. Finish the cook book I started for my sister; print a copy for myself also!
11. See the Cherry Blossoms in DC.
|Completed April 11, 2015|
12. Travel to Australia & New Zealand
13. Go to an NFL game (preferably a team I like: the Saints, the Broncos)
|Completed – November 15, 2015|
14. Visit Scotland (it’s where my ancestors are from)
15. Recreate a portion of my Senior Trip with one of my best friends, Nickolee. Hey Nickolee, do you want to go to the beach? Any beach at all… 🙂
16. See New England in the Fall (Maine, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Massachusetts & Vermont)
17. I’d one day like to have a surprise birthday party!
|Completed – October 4, 2015 – 31st Birthday|
18. Go on a ghost hunt
19. Visit Boston
20. Try out camping – I’ve been assured I’ll like it…I’m not sure…
|Completed – September 5, 2015 – Wasn’t really my thing….ha-ha!|
21. See the Northern Lights (or at least attempt to see them…)
22. Travel to Africa
23. Spend the night in a castle
24. Visit the Grand Canyon (I’ve been once before – I wasn’t even 2 – so, I’d like to see it & remember)
25. Go on a safari
26. Meet someone famous
27. Go to the MLB All-Star Game – it’s in DC in 2018…so…maybe?
28. Return to Vandenburg AFB to see where I was born
29. See the Taj Mahal
30. See Bletchley Park – site where Alan Turing built the first “computer” & broke the Enigma code.
31. See the fireflies in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park
32. Host my family for a holiday (preferably Thanksgiving or Christmas)
|Completed – Hosted Thanksgiving 2011, Christmas 2011 & Christmas 2013|
33. Visit New York City at Christmas; riding the train to get there would be cool too!
34. Visit filming sites for Games of Thrones: Dubrovnik Croatia, Seville Spain, Belfast Ireland…
35. See the wild ponies that live on Assateague Island
36. Write something & have it published
37. Have 50,000 page views on this blog (I’m at around 28,000)
38. Lose weight/get fit/feel better about myself.
39. Have an Alaskan Husky (or a Siberian Husky)
40. Hike to the top of Signal Knob
Blue – Not there yet
Pink – In Progress
Green – Done!