I don’t know about the weather where you live – because I don’t necessarily know where you live, dear reader – but the weather in Northern Virginia is getting pretty chilly! I’m a transplant to Virginia from way down South in Mississippi and I absolutely love getting to (finally) experience all four seasons! One of my favorite things about colder weather is getting to cook and eat soups and stews.
Now – if I’m being 100% honest, I could eat soup all the time. Even in the Summer. No problem. I know that’s not the case for most people, so I keep my soup and stew obsession at bay when cooking for other people. Until Winter arrives – and then it’s ON!
This beef stew is crazy easy…which is probably why I only have two pictures. I took a picture before and a picture after – that’s really all I had time for. You could alter this a lot of different ways, but for now I’ll share what I did and leave the rest to you.
What You Need
– 1 package lean stew meat (I believe mine was 2 lbs.)
– 8 medium red potatoes, cut in large cubes
– 1 bag baby carrots
– 1/2 white onion, finely chopped
– 1 McCormick Beef Stew seasoning packet
What You Need to Do
– Wash and cut all your vegetables the night before; this will just make things move along quicker if you’re like me and throwing this together before work in the morning.
– Load the stew meat, potatoes, carrots and onion into your crock pot. Mix the seasoning packet with water (per instructions) and pour over the meat and veggies.
– Cook on low for 8-10 hours
– Serve with a side of crusty French bread and enjoy!
|The before & after – this is all I’ve got folks.|
This was SUPER easy – just like I said. Super easy to make, absolutely delicious to eat and perfect for chilly nights!