1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I absolutely LOVE wrapped gifts, but I will admit I tend to lean toward gift bags…mostly because they’re just so darn easy!
2. Real tree or artificial? Okay, no one lash out here…but artificial! As much as I love the idea of going out and finding a tree, I’m a huge fan of decorating sooner rather than later and real trees die really quick! Eek!
3. When do you put up the tree? Thanksgiving evening…if not a wee bit sooner. 🙂
4. When do you take the tree down? I usually take my tree down on New Year’s Day; I like the extra sparkle it provides on New Year’s Eve!
5. Do you like eggnog? Gross. Yuck. No. Not even a little bit. Had one sip once and gagged.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? When I was four (I believe) I received a Disney train set that had a little train that connected to four different amusement park “rides”. As the train moved around the four leaf clover track, it would stop at each ride and the characters (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy) would ride. It’s in a box currently and is labeled as “Best Christmas Gift Ever”. Ha-ha!
7. Do you have a Nativity scene? I have more than one – but one of my favorite things is my Willow Tree Nativity Scene; I collected it over a period of several Christmases and absolutely love it!
8. Hardest person to buy for? Certain friends…eek!
9. Easiest person to buy for? Perhaps my little sister? Although my friends Danielle and Meridith have been pretty easy this year.
10. Worst Christmas Gift you ever received? I may have gotten an awkward sweater or something along the way but I don’t guess I can look back and think of something that was completely awful.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail! I’m sorry, but some things should be done the “old fashioned” way and I think mailing Christmas cards is just such a kind gesture to let others know you’re thinking of them.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? White Christmas
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I have been known to buy gifts months…yea, almost a year in advance. I’m the kind of person; if I see something I know someone will love, I buy it and put it up. Even if I have to wait almost a year to give it. I get it honest – my Momma is the same way!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No!
15. Favorite things to eat at Christmas? Oh gosh. I can only pick one thing? There is a dip my Mom makes with cheese and bacon and other delicious things and I could just sit and eat the whole pan. I have no shame. I also absolutely love Reese’s Christmas trees. Yum.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? I really like the look of classic white lights.
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Come, O Come Emmanuel
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I’d most often prefer to stay home; there is just something about opening gifts in your pajamas in the coziness of your house. I won’t say no to traveling though, especially if an opportunity to spend Christmas in say…London…comes about. I’m all for that!
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen. Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen…and of course, Rudolph!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Either/Or – I’ve done both and I’ve also done a big red bow.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One gift on Christmas Eve; save the rest for Christmas Day!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Mean people who are offended by my wishing them a “Merry Christmas!” It’s a kind gesture done with nothing but warm thoughts and I can’t understand someone’s anger at that.
23. What is the “silliest” family tradition you do, or miss doing? I don’t know about a silly tradition…my family has always made Christmas cookies together and we get pretty involved with the decorating process. Now that my sister and I are older and we don’t all live in the same place, we don’t do it every year. It’s a little sad.
24. Ugliest Christmas Decoration ever invented? Oh gosh…I don’t know.
25. Which looks best, theme trees or homey trees? I like them both – mostly because I just like Christmas trees in general, ha-ha!
26. Gingerbread or sugar cookies? Sugar Cookies!
27. Do you like Fruitcake? No.