Here we go again – just a little post to pass the time today. I found a post similar to this on another blog I read & so I tweaked it just a bit for mine. Hope you enjoy & hang on…because the weekend is just around the corner…Friday is on the horizon & I; for one, am thrilled.
|Sadly – this is pretty darn accurate.
1. What time did you go to bed last night and were you alone? I went to bed last night at heaven only knows when – I was in the bed around 9:30 (yes, I’m basically an old woman) but I read for a while. Once I quit reading I tossed & turned for hours. I know it was sometime after midnight before I finally went to sleep. Ugh. I need more coffee. And yes – totally alone. Unless you count the dog, but he was in his “own” room.
2. If you could be given ANY gift what would it be? Any gift…that is kind of a deep question. I think since this says ANY, I’m going to take the broad view on that. I tend to be extremely worrisome about everything so I think I need the gift of peace of mind. I’m sure on any given day this answer could change dramatically but for right now I’ll just say I need peace – about the present & the future.
3. What was the last film that really moved/disturbed/thrilled you and why? First of all, I try to avoid films that disturb me but I did watch Behind the Candelabra the other night on HBO. I don’t guess it disturbed me but boy, Liberace was an odd cat, that’s for sure. Star Trek: Into Darkness thrilled me pretty well; seeing Chris Pine on the big screen is always thrilling, ha-ha. I guess the last movie that moved me was The Great Gatsby because it was heart-breaking to see how much Jay loves Daisy & know how it will all turn out in the end…so I felt moved to shed some tears in that movie.
4. What is your favorite TV show of all time IE you’ve seen them all, can watch it over and over again and quote lines from it? Of all time?? Wow. I’ve seen all there is to see (thus far) of Bones & it has several very quotable lines. I’ll go with Bones. Although I could also say Game of Thrones too because I can quote several lines from that show as well…they just don’t usually apply to normal life, ha-ha. So yes, I’ll say Bones. And my Mom should easily know the best quote….
5. Whats your favorite way to wake up and whats the first thing you do? My favorite way to wake up is without an alarm clock – no need for all that. I just like to sleep until I wake & the first thing I normally do (when it isn’t a work day) is fix a cup of coffee to drink in my chair.
6. What would you call yourself if you could choose your own name? I think I’d call myself Natalie. I think my parents did a pretty good job with picking it & nothing jumps out at me as being any better.
7. If you had to do a bush-tucker challenge (you have to eat insects/grubs etc) what would be the worst thing you had to eat? Bush-tucker challenge = I’d die of starvation I think. I don’t do bugs of any kind & I certainly don’t do them going into my mouth.
8. Whats the worst/most embarrassing CD/Album you’ve ever owned and do you still have it? I have no clue – maybe something like O-Town? I guess that’s a really embarrassing CD to admit you’ve got in your collection & I’m sure it is still around somewhere or other…
9. What would be your dream vehicle (bikes, cars, boats, batcar and millennium falcon is allowed!)? First, I love that the Millennium Falcon is an option. Could I get that with a pilot; say Han Solo? I’m really not too overly excited by vehicles of any sort but right now my car is in pretty rough shape so it would be a dream to me to just have a semi-new car.
10. Whats your favorite fantasy people sandwich? I didn’t make these questions up, so I don’t know what this entails entirely – I’m going to wager a guess that this is two people you wouldn’t mind being stuck with… So, maybe I’ll pick Clark Kent/Superman & Iron Man. That’s brains, brawn & beauty all at once. Sounds good.
11. What characteristics do you dislike in yourself? I tend to worry too much. I’m sure there are other things but I’d rather not turn my own blog into me picking apart the less than desirable aspects of my personality.
12. Your favorite item of clothing and why? My favorite item of clothing…are shoes considered clothing? Probably not because they’re shoes. I like dresses of all sorts; especially maxi dresses.
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would it be and who would it be with? I’ll just say the whole world. I want to see it all. So give me a starting place & I’ll get to work seeing everything there is to see.
14. If you could have any animal/creature, What would be your ultimate pet be?
Ooh – a large cat of sorts; perhaps a panther? I think they are pretty cool & they’d certainly keep people from messing with you. But wait…ooh, it says animal or creature. I’ll take a direwolf. What is a direwolf? Please see image below.
|It’s a giant wolf. Seriously. The sigil (that’s basically another word for symbol) of House Stark in Game of Thrones. I need one of these….although I think Watson likes to think he is one.
15. What did you want to be when you were little and do you think you ever will be? I’m pretty sure when I was little I wanted to be Belle from Beauty & the Beast. That is going to be a hard feat to accomplish but I think I’ve nailed certain parts of it. I tend to spend lots of time with my nose in a book & my head in the clouds, so I’ve got that portion pretty covered. Now I need a house with a gigantic library & a ravishing prince who was once an animal. One of those is easier than the other to obtain. I think. Although at 28 I’m beginning to think they’re both pretty hard to obtain. *sigh* Where’s a book….
16. Whats the next planned event you’re looking to in your life? My family is coming to visit me June 14th through the 17th & I’m pretty crazy excited about that.
17. What were you doing before you started this? Working on claims at the office.
18. What was the last thing you ate that you really shouldn’t have? Um…I don’t know. Maybe I shouldn’t have eaten that chocolate chip cookie I ate last night, but it was small & life goes on. What I really probably shouldn’t have eaten was any cupcake from Gigi’s that I’ve ever eaten. I swear just looking at one of those makes you gain 10 pounds.
19. If you were an ice cream flavor what would you be? I’d be vanilla. Which some people would say is boring but I disagree. Vanilla is wonderful & probably my favorite type of ice cream. Unless they invented Red Velvet Cake ice cream; maybe I’d be that.
20. Who was the last person you spoke to that you didn’t want to talk to? Where should I start the list? Hmmm… I’d better not name any names. Suffice it to say it happens daily & I’d rather it not.
21. What was your favorite toy as a child . . .and now? My favorite toy as a child was a Disney parks train play set that I got for Christmas when I was about 3 or 4. Now my favorite “toy” is probably my iPhone or my tablet.
|This is it! I found a picture of it. Seriously – this toy was amazing.
22. When was the last time you cried laughing and why? The last time I cried laughing was when my sister was in town a couple weekends ago & she recreated our old forts over the air vent with blankets. I was in tears laughing at her & she was cracking up pretty good herself.
23. What is stashed under your bed/mattress? There is nothing under my mattress but there are boxes under my bed that contain old letters from high school; letters from friends in one box & letters/mementos from guys in another box.
24. What did you dream about last night? I don’t remember dreaming about a single thing once I finally fell asleep.
25. What are you really afraid of? I’m really afraid of going through life alone.