I’m getting pretty consistent with this blogging stuff, huh? I don’t know how consistently my blog is being read though – I mean, I know my Mom reads it…but she is kind of obligated to because I’m hers, right? Anyway, that isn’t what I don’t understand. There are lots of things I don’t understand & yesterday as I was driving home I started thinking about my Bible reading from the past few days & it got me further thinking about the little things in life that I don’t understand as well as the big things. So, without further ado – some of the things in life that I just don’t understand.
Warning – some of these are funny & some are serious. Sorry if you don’t like serious. It’s my blog, ha ha!
- Why do some people slow down when they approach green lights? Green means go! If you are color blind, them I’m totally sorry for this rant – I guess you can’t help it. Are you psychic & you know that the light is about to turn red? If so, you have to get through the yellow light before you get to red – so don’t slow down! If the light is green – keep it moving. Because when you slow down, you boggle my mind. I just don’t understand.
- Why is the little box of cereal (almost) always more expensive than the big box? What kind of game are they playing? My Mom taught me to be a cautious shopper (at least when it comes to groceries. Bless her, she has tried to teach me to hold on to my money when I shop for other things, but I just can’t curb those impulses) & because of this, I notice that you can buy that smaller box, but you might actually be paying more for it than that big ol box. I just don’t understand.
- Why do dogs & cats dislike one another? Maybe they all don’t, but it seems like that is the general rule. Recently, I got the idea that I would get myself a kitten to join mine & Watson’s little family. My Dad immediatly said “that’s a bad idea, Watson will snap that kitten’s neck.” Now – Watson isn’t particulary violent (although he is territorial) so I asked my Dad what his reasoning behind that was. It was simple – dogs & cats don’t get along. Why not though? Can’t they be friends like Milo & Otis? Why are Milo & Otis the exception & not the rule? I just don’t understand.
- Why are people mean? And better than that – why are kids mean? I know kids don’t come into this world mean, so they are learning it somewhere. Who teaches kids to be mean? Mean children turn into mean adults & the cycle just starts all over again. All a person wants in the world is to be loved & accepted, so who are these people that keep hurting their kids & turning them into cruel kids that are sent out into the world to continue the cycle of mean? I just don’t understand.
- Why is it that people who desperately want a baby can’t have one & people that don’t want a baby at all are able to have them? I don’t even really know if I can elaborate on that because it just blows my mind & I have to trust that there is a reason for that – because I just don’t understand.
- And lastly – I was reading my Bible the other day (we were around the end of Joshua, start of Judges) & the Lord has lead the Israelites out of Egypt, led them through the desert, delivered them from numerous other peoples, performed miraculous wonders, etc. He tells the people of Israel that as long as they worship & follow him, he will bless them, he will make their crops bountiful, their lives long, any city they attack he will deliver into their hands, basically – he is going to take care of them. If they turn away from him though – things are gonna be bad. They will lose every battle, their crops will die, their lives will be cut short. And what do they do? The first chance they get – they turn away from him & start worshipping Baal – and just like the Lord promised – things just go downhill from there. I read that & I thought “what idiots those people were. They had it all laid out in front of them & they just rejected it completely.” And then, that still small voice said to me “Don’t you do that every day?” Wow. I do. The Lord didn’t deliver me from armies, he hasn’t made crops bountiful, but he did something so much more. He died for me. He gave his very life so that I could be free from Hell. And all I have to do is follow him & he promises to make my life more exceptional than I could imagine or dream up. But what do I do? I’m just as ridiculous as those Israelites – I think that my way has to be better & so I go off on my own. And what happens? Things go horribly wrong. Well duh Natalie. Why do you do that? I just don’t understand.
So, I guess that is all for today. Are you being ridiculous & trying to go your own way? I know I was convicted by that. Just thought I’d share.